Log in or Register
Bamber Bridge 1
Bange (31')
1 Worksop Town
Hall (58')

Match Report: Bamber Bridge 1-1 Worksop Town

Report by Matt Grimshaw (@MattGrimshaw_)

Bamber Bridge drew 1-1 with Worksop Town at the SFC Stadium on Tuesday, despite an abundance of chances in the game.

Three minutes into proceedings and the visitors could have taken an extremely early advantage. Vaughan Redford saw his effort cleared off the line by Sky Sinclair off the back of a great save from James Pradic

Following the Tigers' early chance, there was an avalanche of opportunities for Jamie Milligan’s side, with Lewis Thompson whipping in several dangerous crosses followed by consecutive corners. That eventually ended in a free kick in a dangerous position, which skipper Macauley Wilson put just wide of the top right corner. 

Just after the 30 minute mark, Brig took the lead when Ewan Bange managed to slot home following a well-struck corner that landed at his feet, as Worksop were unable to clear it. 

Just five minutes later, the visitors were left bemused at the fact they had not equalised. Sky Sinclair again made a goal line block, before Jack Broadhead also saw his effort heroically blocked on the line. 

Just shy of the halfway mark, Bange found himself through one on one against Sebastian Malkowski in the visitors' goal, with the shot-stopper managing to close the angle to deny the Brig number nine his second of the evening. 

That was that for the first half and Brig went into the break a goal up. 

It was a fairly uneventful start to the second half, with Danny Forbes' mazy run past four Worksop defenders, which ended in a comfortable save for Malkowski, being the most notable chance in the first 10 minutes of the second half. 

Just before the hour mark the visitors were level after Jay Rollins' cross wasn't dealt with. Luke Hall took advantage and slotted it past Pradic. 

Minutes later and Brig’s lead was almost restored. Sam Wedgbury’s wayward pass was intercepted by Bange whose strike was exceptionally stopped by the feet of Malkowski. 

A floated cross from Harry Scarborough found its way to Bange at the back post, who played a lovely one-two with Danny Edwards but the subsequent strike was comfortably saved by Malkowski with 20 minutes left to play. 

After several changes for both sides there were few chances of note, until the final five minutes. Thompson swung multiple good balls into the box, with substitute Billy Bould denied a big opportunity due to a well timed challenge from Colin Daniel at the back post.

There were a couple of snatched efforts for Worksop in the dying embers of the game, but nothing came of their efforts on the break. 

It ended all square at the SFC Stadium, and Bamber Bridge will look to turn chances into goals in their next outing against Macclesfield on Saturday at 3pm. 

Published Wednesday 29th November 2023