Log in or Register
Billericay Town 5
Quick (7'), Cerulli (54'), Stevenson (62'), Ekpiteta (73'), Ebuzoeme (75')
1 Kingstonian
Owen (45')

Billericay Town match report

Hopes were raised after the brave win at Enfield Town that maybe K’s could kick on and get some good results. Then came the weather and several postponements, with any perceived momentum having been frozen just like much of the country for a couple of weeks.

When Tyrese Owen equalised on the stroke of half time at the New Lodge, hopes were still lingering but then after a disastrous second stanza, hope was merely a four-letter word.

The hosts got the fun going early as they opened the scoring in the seventh minute, Kingstonian failing to deal with a corner and allowing Daniel Quick to head home from close range. Much of the rest of the first half was made up of Billericay attacking, Kingstonian defending, no further goals until a surprise equaliser in first half added time with a smart shot from Tyrese Owen from the edge of the penalty area.

The second half was not nice from a Kingstonian point of view as Billericay were allowed to stream forward almost at will, and it was no surprise when the goals flowed almost effortlessly.

The Blues re-took the lead in the 54th minute when Quick’s cross found its way into the six yard box for Alfie Cerulli to poke home. Eight minutes later there was a goal that summed up the season so far, when a completely mis-kicked shot or possibly cross (we’ll never know) from a Billericay forward turned into a perfect pass to Bradley Stevenson. The Billericay midfielder was then given the freedom of Essex to blast the ball home from distance past.

The game was now finished as a contest and the only question was going to be how many Billericay would win by. Two goals in three minutes ensured that the gap would be four - Marvel Ekpiteta rattled a volley home in the 73rd minute before the curse of the former K’s player struck again in the 75th minute when Eze Ebuzoeme was also awarded the freedom of Essex by the Kingstonian midfield/defence and he was able to shoot the ball into the back of the net.

Too many K’s players went missing in the second half of this game and gave their team little to no chance of a positive outcome on an afternoon that promised so much and gave K’s supporters so little.

Billericay Town: Harry Seaden, Toby Stevenson, Marvel Ekpiteta, Michael Chambers, Bradley Stevenson, Eze Ebuzoeme, Javaun Splatt, Alfie Cerulli, Daniel Quick, Anthony Jeffrey, Imran Uche.

Subs: George Wind, Montel Agyemang (for Imran Uche, 72m), Kareen Isiaka (for Alfie Cerulli, 77m), Henry Lukombo, Anderson Pinto (for Anthony Jeffrey, 21m).

Kingstonian: Rob Tolfrey, Dwight Pascal, Chevron McLean, Declan Skura, Danny Dudley, Tyrese Owen, Lee Lewis, O’Shane Stewart, Great Evans, Jacob Bancroft, Jake Eales.

Subs: Isaiah Jones (for Dwight Pascal, 40m), Kwesi Ntim, Iker Noguera Leon (for Jacob Bancroft, 75m), Sean Bonnett-Johnson, Joshua Ogunseye (for Jake Eales, 61m)

Goal scorers: Daniel Quick (7m, 1-0), Tyrese Owen (45m, 1-1), Alfie Cerulli (54m, 2-1), Bradley Stevenson (62m, 3-1), Marvel Ekpiteta (73m, 4-1), Eze Ebuzoeme (75m, 5-1)

Attendance: 807


Published Tuesday 31st January 2023